The AGM will be a members’ only event and will focus on some of the projects the society has been supporting.
There will also be information about some exciting projects to come. There will be a chance to get up close to the NG15 as it enters its final stages of restoration and a rare opportunity for a detailed tour of Boston Lodge to see at first hand the building work and plans for the future.
Please note that although this is a members’ event, accompanied guest day tickets are available should you wish to bring a friend or relative along with you. There is a small charge for this as indicated in the following sections.
Saturday 16th September:
Members no charge but must book, Accompanied guests – £15.00
Based in Caernarfon – Dinas – Waunfawr section.
Additional trains for members:
Caernarfon – Dinas – Waunfawr – Dinas – Waunfawr – Dinas – Caernarfon.
In Dinas goods shed: shed open 09.00 to 16.00
- NG15 information stand and items for sale
- CRhE stand, information about volunteering and winter works programme. A chance to chat about how to get involved and the various jobs to be done.
- Information about volunteer accommodation including Station View, Motorhome Aire, Snowdonia Parc camping.
- Light refreshments
- Pre-owned bookstall.
- Dinas redevelopment plan and information
Dinas Loco shed and yard: yard open 09.00, activities from 10.00
- NG15 and workshop tours will start from the NG15 stand at regular intervals. Book in at the stand.
- Baldwin 608 in steam for footplate rides (provisional)
- Lilla in Steam offering ‘drive an engine’ opportunities.
- Informative talk on the micro ETS project by Roland Doyle when shuttle train arrives. 12.15 and 13.30.
AGM Notes: Caffi De Winton will remain open on Saturday evening with food from their normal menu with last orders for food at 1830. They will stay open until 1900 for pre AGM drinks. Menu includes toasties, paninis and jacket potatoes.
Sunday 17th September:
*Must be booked in advance*
Members £11.00, Accompanied guests £40.00, both include a Gelert picnic lunch.
A Grand Day Out
Caffi De Winton open from 08.15 for breakfast baps to eat in or take on the train.
- Special train, Garratt hauled Caernarfon to Boston Lodge, picking up at Dinas, Waunfawr, Rhyd Ddu, Beddgelert. To depart Caernarfon at 09.30.
- Arrive Boston Lodge 1145 for guided tour of Boston Lodge including the new carriage shed facilities and the latest developments and plans.
- We have been lucky to acquire, at scrap value, two ten year old electric tunnelling contractor locomotives. These were last used on the Tideway project under the Thames. We will be using these as a test bed to better understand the challenges of working with electric vehicles in the future and hope to use them for shunting and short trip works trains from Boston Lodge and Dinas. These will available for you to see during your visit.
- Depart Boston Lodge 1330. Train double headed, Garratt plus Vale of Ffestiniog to Beddgelert.
- At Beddgelert, swap over into reserved carriages on the Gelert Explorer service back to Caernarfon….and did I mention the double headed Garratts?! Return to Caernarfon at 1600.
To book your attendance for the weekend click below, or telephone our booking office on 01766 516024. Remember you will need your membership card details so have it with you.