Would you like to work for the Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways? - Here are our current job opportunities:
Would you like to find out more abour Heritage Skills Training Programme? - See our dedicated website for more information. We are seeking to recruit twenty trainees over a two-year period. The railway aims to attract trainees in order to share the heritage skills of its talented workforce and in doing so, encourage careers in the heritage sector. Why not apply now?
Booking Office Assistant
We are looking for a Booking Office Assistant to assist with the day to day running of our busy Booking Office in Porthmadog.
Seasonal vacancy to start 1st September, finishing 4th November 2018
Rate of pay meets National Minimum / Living Wage for age
40 hours per week, any 5 days out of 7 as rostered, weekend and Bank Holiday working will be required.
• Sell tickets over the counter
• Answer telephone, email and counter enquiries and assist with passenger queries
• Take advance bookings by telephone and process bookings including allocation of First Class seat reservations
• Take group bookings by telephone and process bookings
• Assist at Special Events and Functions as required
• Must be numerate, literate and have good computer skills
• 'Front of House' position so good communication skills and a cheerful disposition are essential
• Smart appearance following dress code
• The ability to speak Welsh is desirable
• Knowledge of locations on the Railways and their use by visitors is desirable
For an application form for the above position please contact Jo Vincent: call 01766 516073 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 28th August 2018