Would you like to work for the Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways? - Here are our current job opportunities:
Retail Merchandising Supervisor
The Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways are looking to recruit a Retail Merchandising Supervisor to join the Commercial department. Working from Harbour Station in Porthmadog, the successful applicant will join the shops team responsible for our gift and souvenir shops. You will be working on a shift rota system usually 0900-1700 or 1100-1900 for five days over a seven day week, serving customers in the shop. Weekend and Bank Holiday working will be an integral part of the post.
This new post has been created to take ownership of stock control and distribution, so within your working day you will be dealing with the varied items of goods that we sell and ensuring timely receipt, storage and distribution to the point of sale for those items.
Working closely with and reporting directly to the Retail & Commercial Projects Manager you will identify items that need reordering and ensure that the shops look their best to maximise retail sales.
This is a 47 week post and it is envisaged that after a successful year, the post holder will be invited to continue in post for the following year.
47 week fixed term vacancy from February 2018 to January 2019.
Rate of pay: £8.25 per hour. 25 days paid holiday.
Hours: 40 hours per week.
• Serving customers over the shop counter
• Receiving and processing telephone and internet mail orders
• Using EPOS till and stock control systems and Franking Machine
• Manage incoming sales stock and store rooms
• Merchandise retail displays in Porthmadog Harbour Station shop
• Liaise with outstations with regards the supply of stock from central stores
• Drive the company van as required, including visits to outlying stores and station locations
• Front of house customer service experience and the ability to demonstrate success in a busy customer facing environment
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload
• Proven experience and knowledge of retail practices and basic commercial skills
• IT literate
• Full driving licence
• Ability to speak Welsh an advantage but not essential
For an informal chat about the above position please call Steve Morris, Retail & Commercial Projects Manager on 07483 149412. For an application form please contact Jo Vincent - on 01766 516073 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also accept applications by C.V. with a covering letter.
Closing Date for applications – noon on Monday 15th January 2018.