To mark this important event the Bristol Group of the Ffestiniog Railway Society arranged for a Blue Plaque to be unveiled on St Mary's House. The Bristol Civic Society, Bristol Railway Circle and owners of the building Bristol University, all enthusiastically supported this initiative.
The Plaque was unveiled by the Honourable Sir William McAlpine, Patron of the Ffestiniog Railway at 2:30pm, 65 years to the day and time of the 1951 meeting.
There were thirteen attendees at the original meeting of whom two were able to attend the unveiling. Vic Mitchell is the only surviving founding Director of the Society and John Bate went on to have a successful career with the Talyllyn Railway. Monika, the widow of Leonard Heath-Humphrys who called the meeting, was also able to attend having spent many years as a volunteer on the railway.
The Great Western Railway kindly provided Vic with transport from London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads.
More details can be found here.