The display of Welsh produce will take place on Saturday and Sunday March 9th/10th alongside Princess, the first narrow gauge steam locomotive in the world, on Platforms 8 and 9.
In 1863 the Ffestiniog Railway began the use of steam locomotives built in London by George England, to haul trains of empty slate wagons from the harbour at Porthmadog to the quarries of Blaenau Ffestiniog in North Wales. They were named Prince and Princess, reflecting widespread public interest in the marriage of the Prince of Wales, the future Edward VII, to Princess Alexandra of Denmark.
Built barely more than 30 years after Stephenson's Rocket, the George England locos are the oldest surviving narrow gauge locomotives in the world. Prince and Princess have been painted in their original authentic livery and in April, Prince will also travel to London to give rides at the LT Museum Acton open day - a major feature in the Underground 150 celebrations.
F&WHR staff will also be on hand to answer questions about Princess and the railway in North Wales which is its home.