We are looking for a talented Infrastructure Manager with a strong track record in railway management and the ability to recruit and motivate volunteers. The Infrastructure Manager will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for every aspect of infrastructure management. This position offers a good opportunity for career development and heads a small staff of paid employees. Supported by a large team of volunteers, the Infrastructure Manager will develop all aspects of volunteer input alongside the day to day responsibilities of delivering a safe railway. We expect candidates to hold degree level qualifications.
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop experience in a broader role and place job satisfaction and lifestyle ahead of material rewards, we would be keen to hear from you. Please send written applications explaining your suitability for the role together with a full CV and expectations of salary to:
Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways
Gwynedd, LL49 9NF
or via e-mail to email@example.com.
Boston Lodge Engineering - Locomotive Supervisor
Applications are invited for the key position of Locomotive Supervisor for the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways. Because it involves responsibility for competence management and rostering of more than a hundred and fifty locomotive crew, covering several thousand turns each year, this post is one of the most demanding and interesting in the world of heritage railways.
The key requirements of the role are:
• The recruitment, selection, training, monitoring, progression, assessment and authorisation of all footplate crew, with the objective of providing high standards of safety management, operating knowledge and locomotive handling
• To maintain a list of LocoCrew bookings detailing the availability of authorised crew
• To publish and circulate a weekly LocoCrew roster
• To circulate the Summary Hours & Duties file detailing each rostered turn.
• To organise medical examinations for Drivers as notified by the FRCo Medical Service and to refer any issues raised in the Self-Certifications of Health by Trainees and Firemen
• To arrange annual LocoCrew Training Weekends
• To make periodic assessments of all Drivers and Firemen in line with agreed policy on competence management
• To convey as appropriate any problems reported with locomotives or issues or concerns relating to train operation
• To issue guidance notes or special instructions relating to locomotive management or train operation
• The management of consumables related to the operation of locomotives such as firewood and cleaning materials
If you have solid experience of steam locomotive operations and can deliver high levels of staff performance whilst maintain a cool and calm manner then we would like to hear from you.
This position is available for immediate uptake following a successful interview. This is a permanent, full time position. The hours of work will be 40 hours a week, on any 5 days out of 7.
Salary is dependent on experience.
To apply please contact Jo Vincent for an application form: telephone 01766 516000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be made by C.V. and covering letter directly to Jo Vincent. The closing date for applications is Monday 21st January 2013.